Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Krauth <stephenk@stephenk.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble with mwave port on Thinkpad 600

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> Sorry. I somehow managed to not notice the attached dmesg. Based on
> that, the driver is clearly talking to the hardware. This makes me
> suspect an IRQ problem. Are IRQs 3 and 10 otherwise free? vmstat -i
> might give you a clue. And, as I mentioned in the prior message, check
> out the BIOS status with ps2.
>
> Once again, sorry for not noticing the dmesg in your original message.

Hey, not a problem.  Your original message helped and I found the
problem - I wasn't running mwavem.  Since I had to copy mwavedd.ko
into /modules to be able to boot, I had simply disabled the shell
script thinking it did nothing else but load the kernel mod.  I had no
idea there was a daemon to go with it.

BTW - the modem comes up on power on now; there's no need to do the
power-up then reboot trick you mentioned.  The next goal is to prevent
the modem from killing the ethernet PC card, but now that you've told
me about ps2.exe I can get a hold of that that and attempt to change
around some IRQs.  (I wondered why the built-in EasySetup menu seemed
kinda sparse on configuration options...)

Anyway, thanks again - you've definately helped me get this thing
working!

Steve K.                              U.F.O. - "For the feeler gauge in you."