Date:      02 May 2002 15:49:18 +0300
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <H@Schmalzbauer.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-Boot hangs on rootmounting MD (+DP1 crashes)

Am Do , 2002-05-02 um 13.29 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer:

PXEbooting the -stable kernel.gz and mfsroot results in the same system
hang (mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c).

DP1 crashes with the following:
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
unknown: <PNP0c03> can't assign resources (memory)
psmcpnp0: irq resource info is missing; assuming irq 12

Fatal trap12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address	= 0x0
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc164cac1
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xcb931d00
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xcb931d1c
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 27 (irq10: sn0)
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault

From the console print I can't find a sn device nor any assigned irq10.

Hardware description:

PIII-M (LV) 800
256MB (2x 128MB mini DIMM)
i815em VGA/Chipset, heavily Sony-modified Award BIOS (showing only one
IDE while FreeBSD claims to find also secondary, almost no adjustments
possible (except PNP-OS yes/no))
Orinoco mini-PCI WaveLAN
USB-MemoryStick reader
TexasInstruments IEEE-1394
TexasInstruments PCI-1410 CARDBUS CONTROLLER
Ricoh RL5C475 CARDBUS CONTROLLER
ICH Modem 80F2
82801BAM USB 2442
82801BAM USB 2444
Intel Pro100/VE Ethernet (I think only PHY for i815)

I hope this helps helping me;-)

Thanks,

-Harry