Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:39:30 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newly made world - and kern_securelevel

Hi,

I've just rebuilt the world on my system as of 30/7/98, 12pm(BST) - all went
well (as it fortunately usually does!).

The system now raises the kernel's security level at the end of rc - This caught
me out at one point while trying to install a new kernel in a multi-user system
(chflags failed)...

Is there anywhere I can get more info about the security levels etc. - and what
they effect? (something not too technical would be nice) - I track -current,
though I don't remember seeing it being discussed much...

Regards,

Karl Pielorz