Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:22:46 -0000
From:      "Paul Webster" <paul.g.webster@googlemail.com>
To:        "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-pf@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading FreeBSD to use the NEW pf syntax.

Just out of interest, option 3) does not entirely dismiss using the pf2-*
chain of kernel options for developing using the new pf tree; sure it
would be alot of work but just 'how much' would be required; Our own fork
after all means that everything is created from scratch and as its 'vastly
different' from the OpenBSD version surely that will also require a vast
amount of time.

I should probably point that doing both at the same time would by sane
observation mean two projects requiring a vast amount of time; but if
enough people support the 'pf2' chain then in conjunction with the fact
that we should be able to borrow some of the code from OpenBSD, maybe it
would be worth the sacrifice.

Time will tell which one becomes the more popular.