Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:44:27 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@demon.net>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current and X11R6 3.3 get Signal 11 abort

"John S. Dyson" writes:

>Good!!!  It is wise to be prepared to back-off to the latest "stable" -current,
>when breakage like I have likely caused, happens!!!

Thing is, though.  After your suggested boot-time tweak to set
vfs.ioopt to 0, I've had no problems with random SIGBUS's, to the
extent that I've completely rebuilt a couple of machines (a 96Mb K6/200
and a 128Mb dual-P133) from scratch, including X11 and all the other
ports that I use.

I notice that recent -current's (I'm using 980127 here) seem to set
vfs.ioopt to 0 by themselves (negating the need for the sysctl in /etc/rc)
Is this just a kludge to revert back to old (unbroken?) behavior
(the previous problematic value was 2)?

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Demon Internet, Austin, Texas.