Date:      Wed, 01 May 1996 09:39:09 +0000
From:      atul@erredfs1.attmail.com (Atul)
To:        internet!freebsd.org!questions@erredfs1.attmail.com
Subject:   Controller Issue

Hi,
	I am trying to install FreeBSD on my computer. I have a BusLogic BT-948 SCSI
controller which has a 1G Conner hard disk and 6x Plextor CD-ROM attached to it ( Both
SCSI ). While installing, the process does detect that there is a BusLogic Controller
installed at IRQ 11 on PCI bus. But it is not able to detect the "bt0" device. This
results in no hard disk and no CD-ROM installation. I am trying to manually configure
the "bt0" device but no luck. Is there any further device probing I can do ? Where can
I get the port, iomem, unit, memsize, IRQ, DRQ settings ? In book it is given that "bt0"
will automatically detect all these paramemters. But this is not the way things are
going on. Is there any thing I am missing. I thought the BusMaster series is totally
supported by FreeBSD. Please help me out of this mess.

Atul (908)271-2397