Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 15:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dru Nelson <dnelson@slip.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BT848 and VBI data

Hi,

  Amancio mentioned that some people on this list have already
  hacked the driver for freebsd to get VBI data.
  I am _not_ on the list, so please reply CC: to me directly.

  If I don't hear anything, I'll probably be creating a hacked
  up brooktree or meteor driver so I can ioctl and get just vbi. I've
  looked at what the linux bttv driver can do and it is neat, but
  it would require a lot of work to get to that state (one driver
  for video, tuner, and vbi data).

  Thanks for your time,

Dru Nelson
Redwood City, California