Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 01:40:06 -0700
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        dyson@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is wrong with this snipet?

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:35:49 +0200 (CEST)
 Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se> wrote:

 > This is kinda interesting. You can't move forward or backwards in the
 > stack, which means you can't call functions or return from functions.
 > You can possibly calculate two values at the same time, withing the same
 > function, without calling another function. This doesn't seem overly
 > useful, however.
 >
 > What am I missing? Could you make a short example of a use for this?

What John and Julian are pointing out is that rfork(RFMEM) just can't be
used like a regular fork() call - it's meant as infrastructure.

Threads are typically created by specifying an entry point and argument
for the new thread.  The new thread has no stack to unwind; a new one
has been allocated for it by some mechanism.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935