Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 1995 13:42:39 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: "Giant Step" GIF test version

> The first test version of "Giant Step" GIF is now available (I've

Wow, pretty impressive.

However, I must agree with Jeffrey.  The shadow of the daemon is too
subtle of an effect for people who don't understand to get it.

Would it be possible to do a shot like the old MTV commercial with the
astronaut replaced with the BSD Daemon, and the flag espousing FreeBSD
instead of the U.S. flag?  I think most folks would catch on to that,
especially with the Earth in the background.

In spite of what I just said, you're work is incredible and much better
than anything I could hope to do.  Great job!

Nate