Date:      15 Nov 1999 22:11:23 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh weirdness

Ray Kohler <rjk191@psu.edu> wrote:

> > leon@ra's password: load: 0.17  cmd: ssh1 339 [piperd] 0.00u 0.00s 0% 920k
>
> Are you typing this in Eterm? Any time a program running in an Eterm
> asks for user input, it does this. Not sure why, but if you push ^D
> twice whenever it happens, it will go away and the program will get on
> with its business. An explanation or permanent fix would be very
> welcome, though.

I can tell you what it is that you are seeing but not why you do.

That line is the status display from the tty discipline. You can
get this by setting a "status" control character with stty and
entering that character when in canonical mode.

naddy@bigeye[~] stty status ^T
naddy@bigeye[~] cat >/dev/null
^Tload: 1.04  cmd: cat 88811 [ttyin] 0.00u 0.00s 0% 96k

How this relates to Eterm, I have no idea.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de