Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 07:28:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5-A: Very disheartening?

> > Once 2.0.5-Alpha is installed and running on a non-compressed kernel, I can
> > put the cache back in (or enable it) and everything still works, even with
> > memory amounts that would panic or hang with the cache present.

On the Micronics Gemini Baby AT 486 motherboard the kernel reboots
automatically just as it prints the string that shows its entry point.
This problem seems to have been there since the 2.0-Release.

If it boots from the install floppy it's ok.

It doesn't even get to kernel configuration with the -c option.

Bill
 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil