Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:15:26 -0700
From:      Hong <ljfong@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ldapadd Crashed with Segmentation Fault

Hi,

I was playing with OpenLDAP installed on FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE installed through
the port system.

The configuration file /usr/local/etc/slapd.conf was edited:
database    bdb
#suffix     "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
#rootdn     "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
suffix      "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn      "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"

I created a test LDIF file named test1.ldif:

dn: dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Example Company
dc: example

dn: cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

Then I used ldapadd to add the new entries in the LDIF file:

# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f test1.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"

Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

Any idea what went wrong?

Hong