Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 20:31:11 +0000
From:      Simon N Atkin <simat@enta.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   slow telnet session ! 9600 bps.

Hello,

Is there anyway to speed up a telnet session, if you type
stty on the console we get 115200 as the bps rate, but if you
telnet in and do the same we get 9600 bps as the rate,

Its not the network, as it is switched 10/100 ethernet, so
it must be the terminal rate, it's as if you are on a 9600
serial terminal heap (slow !!!), if you cat a large file it
jumps threw at 9600 as if it was buffered ??, but on the console
it's at the end before I've refreshed my own video memory. :)

I've looked in the /etc/ttys file and found

# Pseudo terminals
ttyp0   none                    network
ttyp1   none                    network
ttyp2   none                    network

I've also looked in /etc/gettytab and cannot find a ref to none
or network.

Any ideas folks

Cheers

Simon Atkin, (simat@enta.net)  :)