Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:11:46 -0400
From:      "Chynnee" <chynnee@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RC5 install f-up

I was installing BSD on my main computer (dual booting between 2k and BSD)

i have 3 physical drives and i was installing to the 2nd one.  it installed
fine. partitioned fine.  everything inside the install looked fine.  i then
rebooted into 2k and all my shortcuts didnt work.  so i opened up My
Computer and realized that 3 drives were completely GONE.

i opened up Partition magic and realized that 3 14gig partitions on the 3rd
drive (not even touched by me during the install) were GONE (aka
unpartitioned) and partition magic couldnt recover

does anyone know a) what happened or b) if i can get the data back.

thanks

brad