Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:21:27 +0530
From:      "ajay gopalakrishnan" <geek.dwells@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How should i start working on kernel programming?

Hey all,

I have done a bit of system level programming on linux distros like Fedora,
RHCE, debian but now i am faced with doing some kernel level network
programming on FreeBSD.

I had googled for some kernel programming tutorials. But mostly i could find
only linux kernel programming guides. I didnt proceed with them since i
didnt know if the linux kernel programming tutorials will be useful for
FreeBSD kernel programming.

I am new to FreeBSD and I would like to know how to start off with kernel
level programming. While i was working on linux, i initially faced problems
like finding which header packages to use and finding out which system calls
where available. Also, the header packages used at the system level code and
kernel level code were different. I think i will face similar issues when i
start working on FreeBSD too. *So, is there any useful and good resource
that would be helpful in starting off and working on kernel network
programming stuff?*

Thanks in advance,
Ajay.