Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 08:09:49 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bbursey@mechv.me.tuns.ca>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Issues with xl0

I attempted to move from -STABLE to -CURRENT last night, but without any
luck.  I decided to start with a current snapshot (19990928), but was
unable to install using the floppies provided on releng3.freebsd.org.

Thinking it might have been a floppy issue, I used my 3.3-STABLE floppies
and simply changed the install options so that I'd get 4.0.  This worked
until I restarted my machine at the end of the install.  It came back up
ok, but I was again unable to connect to the network.

Can anyone tell me if there are known issues with the xl0 driver in 4.0,
or if it has been superceded by another driver which works with 3Com
3C900B.

Thanks for any help (or other random thoughts).

Cheers,
Bryan

Bryan Bursey, DEng
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering