Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:08:41 -0600
From:      Daniel Thill <thill@umr.edu>
To:        Jim Gansle <jgansle@gvtc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting a boot manager up

> When I reboot, I just get a normal Windows reboot. Using other
> choices in the partitioning section, I've gotten into a situation
> where there is a bootup message to the effect that it can't find
> HDD, or something like that. Had to reset BIOS and then reload
> Windows to be able to use the computer.

This is more of a workaround, but you might try and see if your
motherboard supports booting off of the other hardrive.  My Asus mobo
has an undocumented feature so that I can hit ESC right after the POST
screen, and it will bring up a small menu of boot devices.  Then I
just select the second hard drive (which is a slave to my windows hard
drive).  It saves me the headache of using a boot manager.

Dan