Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:29:37 +0200
From:      "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>, bug-followup@freebsd.org, troy@twisted.net
Cc:        "pgollucci@freebsd.org" <pgollucci@freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/137843: Cannot compile devel/apr (version 1.3.8.1.3.9) on AMD64

Am 21.08.2009, 14:28 Uhr, schrieb Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:16:57 -0500, Matthias Andree
> <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Same for me, on i386. Removing the listed leftover libtool15/libltdl15
>> files/directories let the devel/apr build succeed, where it would fail
>> before.
>>
>> Given that the devel/libtool15 port is gone:
>>
>> 1. Can we have a pkg-install script that purges the obsolete libtool15
>> stuff (as listed, but substituting ${PKG_PREFIX} for /usr/local) post a
>> successful libtool22 install?  Apparently the older pkg-plist were
>> incomplete, so that libtool15 didn't get completely removed on
>> uninstall, and a libtool22/libltdl22 post-installation cleanup of
>> libtool15 seems the natural way to solve.
>
> No need to, the /usr/local/bin/libtool15 wasn't in libtool15 for over
> three yeaers. It looks like you use FORCE_PKG_REGISTER that force
> overwrite and that libtool15 was never remove correct.

I don't use FORCE_PKG_REGISTER, and I've had a full ports upgrade earlier
this year; so something must have left these cruft files behind when
libtool15 got removed.

>> 2. Alternatively, please mention in /usr/ports/UPDATING that
>> libtool15/libltdl15 cruft needs to be purged manually (file list as
>> above).
>
> It's more like user's fault or something.

It's still worth mention as it saves valuable time. It's not as though 3 -
4 more lines in the libtool22 section of /usr/ports/UPDATING would hurt...

--
Matthias Andree