Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:07:39 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Mikael Claesson <miclaes@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Switching from Linux

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:02:24PM +1100, Mikael Claesson wrote:
> I've been using Linux as a desktop system for some time now, but I'm getting
> interested in BSD. What you should have is a big fat link on your front page
> that reads "Using Linux? Wanna switch?" and a nice section on the
> differences a resular user would need to know.

I have been asking, for roughly the past three years, for any of our
users who are already familiar with Linux, and have made the switch, to
write something like this.

So far, no one's volunteered.  Actually, that's not true.  Several
people have volunteered, and then never produced anything.

I would be over the moon if someone who knows a Linux distribution would
make a start on this.  Any takers?

N (Doc. Project Manager)