Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:16:23 +0930 (CST)
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com (Matthew Dillon)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possibility of increasing default MAXPARTITIONS from 8 to 16

Matthew Dillon wrote:

 >     The question I am putting to the group is whether it is "time" for us,
 >     with today's large disks, to increase the system-compiled default
 >     from 8 to 16 partitions.  Instead of a-h we would have a-p

It makes sense;  We wouldn't be the first to do it either (IRIX has
supported 16 partitions per spindle for years).

Have you made the change on your hackbox already to make sure it doesn't
have any negative implications?

    - mark

----
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton@internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton@atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82232999