Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:51:58 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Tony Hain <tony@tndh.net>, "'Svatopluk Kraus'" <onwahe@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal kernel abort (was: r313878M builds mmcsd0s2 as read-only & /etc/fstab is missing)

On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 16:38 -0800, Tony Hain wrote:
> [...]
> Booting from disk0s2a:
> [...]
> Mounting from ufs:/dev/ufs/rootfs failed with error 19.
> Trying to mount root from ufs:mmcsd0s2 []...
> [...]

I think that's the trouble right there.  Loader is aware that the
rootfs is s2a, then the kernel tries to mount the labeled rootfs
(presumably fstab told it to do that), and that fails, and then for
some reason it mounts s2, not s2a, and that's not the right partition.

Either add a ufs label to the rootfs, or write fstab in terms of the
actual slice and partition.

-- Ian