Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 23:13:30 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 6 days to C-DAY

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> After more than a year of development, the Common Access Method SCSI layer
> for FreeBSD will be integrated into 3.0-current on Sunday, September 13th.
> The CAM development team is currently busy ensuring that the integration
> process goes as smoothly as possible, so please understand that we may be
> slow to respond to questions about CAM in the days leading up to C-DAY.
> A CAM FAQ is in the works and will be updated as questions surface.  Here
> are a few QandAs about CAM and the upcoming integration:

Will the old scsi framework still be available for people with unsupported
(by CAM) hardware?  I'm asking mainly because John Birrell is currently
relying on an old TurboChannel alpha box with an old-style scsi driver and
I don't really expect anyone to update that driver very soon.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039