Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 21:23:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lists dead?

> Terry,
> 	i you need to test the lists subscribe and send mail to
> 	test@freebsd.org.    not the regular lists.   this message
> 	now appears in the archives  ;(
>
> 	repeated offensees are a reason to be removed from the lists
> 	;(((

Unfortunately, there's no way to bail out of a "DATA" command.

I expected to get a response other than "250 Message accepted for delivery".

Sorry about that... there should be a better way of testing whether
a message will be sent than actually sending one.

Does the "test" address have an autoresponder?  Is it backed by the
Majordomo code that backs the lists?  If so, I guess it's as good as
any a method of doing the half-pipe test that I used to accidently
send that message.

What was the problem, BTW?  8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org