Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:38:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gregory C. Schohn" <gcs@eizel.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Gregory C Schohn <gcs@andrew.cmu.edu>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk won't work on new hard drives can't get

I am trying to partition the disks with ideally a small dos partition
that I may need for some other OS down the road and a large FreeBSD one.
However, I haven't had ANY success with fdisk or disklabel.

I'm using an fdisk that was last edited August 27th.  I have altogether 4
scsi disks connected to the machine right now.  Its only the 18GB ones
that are messed up (I have 2 4GB ones that look & act fine).  I trussed
the fdisk runs on each, & its making the same calls on each, so all that I
can figure is that the devices aren't doing the correct consistent
things...

Oh, I tried using fdisk -I & here's what I got
> fdisk -I /dev/da1
******* Working on device /dev/da1 *******
fdisk: invalid fdisk partition table found

:(

thanks alot,
Greg