Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 19:37:51 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any support for USB Serial (RS-232) ports?

Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> Would be handy to have a couple more serial ports
> for low-speed stuff hung off my usb ports.
>
> Anybody working on this?  I can supply some hardware if
> anybody is interested if it's not available.

Have you had any luck with this? What kind of hardware are you trying to use? I
looking at trying to implement drivers for this

http://www.dontronics.com/giga.html

The manufacturer helped the Linux people write drivers for so it shouldn't be
too hard to get them to help us. Or at the very least, we just borrow the Linux
driver. Either way, I've never written a BSD driver before so I'm probably not
the best person for this. But I'll give it a try in a few weeks (after
graduation).