Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:20:57 -0700
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE fails to reboot system

--------------enig6EEDEC6BA73B5385B34BC96F

I just built a new server based on a Celeron 2.53Ghz with EM64T
extensions on an ASUS P5S800 motherboard and 256 DDR ram and install
FreeBSD-6.1 using the amd64 version.  Everything is running fine, but
when I tell the system to reboot, it just hangs with the line
"Rebooting..."  Both halt and power off commands work as expected.
Disabling ACPI did not change anything.  This system is also running
with a serial console, but the reboot problems happened even at the end
of the installer.  I had to hit reboot after the installer exited, but
the filesystems came back clean everytime so they had been synced properl=
y.
--=20
Loren M. Lang
lorenl@alzatex.com
http://www.alzatex.com/

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2