Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:04:06 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Steven N. Fettig" <freebsd@stevenfettig.com>
Subject:   [SOLVED] Re: OpenOffice ports build... proceedure for FreeBSD 4.9

--Boundary-02=_OgPMAZZTSyeIXkZ

On Monday 16 February 2004 10:26 am, Steven N. Fettig wrote:
> Eric (and list),
>
> I finally got it working this morning under the following conditions:
>
> Fresh install of FreeBSD 4.9 from the mini-ISO cd.
> Install X from the sysinstall via FTP
> Install Gnome from the sysinstall via FTP
> cd /usr/ports/distfiles (as root)
> make sure openoffice-1.1.0_1.tgz is in the distfiles directory
> pkg_add -r ORbit
> pkg_add -r gtk
> pkg_add ./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tgz
> start x / startx
> type openoffice-1.1 (it is installed in /usr/local/bin)
> configure at will
> exit configuration
> start openoffice by typing openoffice-1.1
>
> Works for me...  If anyone has a better routine, I'd love to hear it.
>
> Steve Fettig

Steve and list,

I got this solved with the help of another post this morning.  I simply did=
 a:

pkg_add -r openoffic1.1.0_1.tgz

and found the executable from the other post this morning by Jerry. =20
OpenOffice seems to work fine now!

Thanks for all the help.  I _am_ still having printing issues, but they're =
not=20
related to openoffice. =20

=2D-=20
Eric F Crist