Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:50:13 -0400
From:      KapuT <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promoting FreeBSD - the user's piece of the action.

Joey Garcia wrote:

> Hey all!!
>
> You know, I've been saying this all along....FreeBSD needs promotion.  I
> was at the bookstore today in the Unix section....not one FreeBSD (or BSD
> for that matter) book did I see.  None. Zilch. Nada.  Although, there were
> more Linux books than I have fingers and toes (10 fingers, 10 toes =P ).
> There were also books on SCO Unix and Solaris.  Well after getting tired of
> looking at books, I went over to the magazine rack and BAM .... there it
> was ... a Linux magazine.  (Linux Journal)  Linux, Linux everywhere.
>
> We all know that Linux has a big following....hell even I use it, just
> because I heard about Linux before I heard about FreeBSD ... or BSD for
> that matter.  I learned about Unix and Linux when I kept getting nuked off
> IRC.  Anyways, I've been using Linux for a little while now ... but I have
> read enough about BSD and FreeBSD to know that it's worth a try.  "If Yahoo
> can swear by it....then it must be good", I thought.
>
> Anyways, I'm still getting more information about FreeBSD (and the other
> BSD's) before I migrate, but things would have helped if there were more
> promotion of FreeBSD...as in books, magazines (online or in print), etc.
>
> So basically...I'm willing to put forth some effort to promote FreeBSD (to
> help myself and others learn more about it) as in user groups or something
> within my area.  I live in Los Angeles...and that's a big area.  :) I'm
> willing to think about this and try to figure out ways in order to show the
> world that FreeBSD exists and stuff.
>
> The point of all this is that I'm up for the task of FreeBSD promotion.
>
> Joey Bear Garcia

Hum,

freebsd-promotion@freebsd.org ?

I think its a good idea :-)

FreeBSD will loose a lot of market if they dont do the right promotion... like
doing the FreeBSD-Newspaper hehehe

Like I was saying: someone somewhere who is a real FreeBSD-hackers have time to

do the FUG?(Freebsd User Group)

This mailing list will go no-where ;-)
Its like freebsd-chat but with new user who try to do deseperate thing!

Hehehehe

Malartre

I need help for my *try* to do a FreeBSD ~ Doc for Newbies
www.aei.ca/~malartre/
The look is finish but now we need text !!!