Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:39:57 +0100
From:      "Thomas Uhrfelt" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Remote Email - Webbased

On our network we are using FreeBSD as the foundation for our mailserver
(previously a [unspeakable] Exchange server). Cucipop is working great and
all my users are happy - the problem we have is that during the last year
the amount and size of the email flow during a normal day has exploded and
since we have travelling salemen outside the company, fetching mail has
become a hazzle. Sure, they could use their cellphones to call in and pop
the server, but using a 9600 connection to fetch perhaps 6MBs worth of mails
is a expensive way of doing it.

What I am looking for is for a webmail system that allows them to check
their mails via a webbrowser (apache + something? ) _AND_ even if they
choose to reply etc. to a mail it should still be left in /var/mail so they
can pop the server normally when they get back to the office. Is there such
a package/program somewhere. It can't be just me who have this problem no?

FreeBSD to date has solved all my problems, and allowed me to switch out a
load of MS boxes - and I am sure there are some sort of som sollution to
this problem aswell for FreeBSD. I just need help finding it.

Regards,

Thomas Uhrfelt