Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 18:14:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL and www-sql

Hello,

I'm trying to get the "www-sql" package for MySQL to compile under
FBSD-2.2-Stable, and I'm running into problems.  www-sql is analogous to
w3-msql for mini-SQL.

This program was originally built for Linux, and I suspect that's where
the problem lies.  It uses gnu config, but during the compile, it explodes
thusly:

bash# make
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c expr.c -o expr.o
expr.c: In function `docolon':
expr.c:366: storage size of `re_buffer' isn't known
expr.c:367: storage size of `re_regs' isn't known
expr.c:377: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Has anyone possibly made this work?

I understand this may not be a -hackers question, but on searching through
the mailing lists and newsgroups, the only place I found MySQL mentioned
was -hackers...

As always, any help/suggestions appreciated,

Charles