Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:54:49 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        Chris <chris@childeric.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Monitor Tuning

On 8/15/05, Chris <chris@childeric.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>=20
> > On Friday, 12 August 2005 at 15:52:13 -0400, Sean wrote:
> >
> >>My display is not very sharp and I was looking for a few tips that migh=
> >>help to cure things. I tweeked a few things and no luck. Still a soft
> >>dull image. Little annoying on the eyes.
> >>
> >>Is anyone running a NEC Multisync XV17+ with an Nvidia 6500 ultra and
> >>getting a sharp display?
> >>
> >>Excerpts from my xorg.conf will give you my monitor and graphics card.
> >
>=20
> There is an online guide at
>=20
> http://www.nec-mitsubishi.com/coremedia/download/76118/MSXV17+-UsersGuide=
-english-german-spanish-italian-french.pdf
>=20
> I made my monitor (a different make) sharper with a Convergance control
> which I think makes the red blue and green electron streams land at the
> same point on the screen. There is a reference to convergance in the
> guide but only in reference to de-gaussing. Still that might help if you
> haven't already done it.
>=20

If your monitor looks blurry or you have a hard time getting your
eye's to focus on the monitor then the convergence is way off. If you
have a convergence control, sean's monitor doesn't have one, you can
play with it and notice if you look closely at text or hard lines a
red or blue shadow ether on the sides (V convergence) or top/bottom (H
convergence).