Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 09:18:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Am I wrong or is this just stupid?r

> IMHO, the problem occurs because of the "build in place" mentality as
> opposed to the idea of "moving down the block". If we would adopt the idea
> that everything is made in a context which, in general, is NOT that of the
> running system, we can get a number of benefits.

This sounds like one of those things that's very credible on paper but
is something for which I'd like to see the working prototype before
pulling up stakes and moving to.  What I'm proposing is only an
incremental refinement, and the efficacy of it is easy to prove.  What
you're proposing is another one of those blanket statements of change
with no working parts to examine or discuss.  Bleah.

					Jordan