Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 02:49:00 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3.x -> 4.x kernel config converter

Hi,

I wrote a quick hackish perl script to hopefully automatically
convert 3.4 kernel configurations to 4.0 configurations.  I can
pipe RELENG_3 LINT through it and get a 4.0 config'able configuration,
but I'm not sure if it's likely to produce booting kernels.

Anyway, I thought some people might be interested in this - if it
works well enough, it might even be useful to put in the tools
directory, or integrate it into any 'update' target that may appear.

It's at http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nbm/three-to-four-conf.pl

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner