Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:10:20 +1300
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
To:        Dave Raven <dave@raven.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridging VLAN's

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 07:41:07AM +0200, Dave Raven wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I've done some research on bridging vlans and can't get it right
> with FreeBSD bridge. What I want to do is bridge an undefined number of
> vlans through a BSD machine. For example. Vlan 10 from em0 out em1.
>
> Now I can't create each vlan and bridge those, because you can't have a
> vlan10 bound to em0 and to em1, if you create different ones and bridge them
> the packet comes in on the right vlan but leaves tagged for the wrong one.

Well actually you can. Dont be fooled by the interface name, vlan10
doesnt have to have the tag of 10. A nice way to do it is use the vlan
automatic creation, create the interfaces em0.1, em0.2, em0.3, [...]
em1.1, em1.2, em1.3, [...] and the tag and parent will get set up for
you.

ifconfig em0.1 create
ifconfig em0.2 create
ifconfig em0.3 create