Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:45:20 -0500
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   incorrect superblock error when mounting partition

Hello,
    I've got a 10 gb ide drive that has critical data on one of it's
partitions /dev/ad1e. This drive was originally gmirrored in another box it
worked fine, it was the master drive. Now i've installed this drive as a
slave in another 6.0 box, and now it shows up as ad1 with the partition i
want being ad1e. I did a mount -o ro /dev/ad1e /mnt and i'm getting an error
"Incorrect superblock" from mount. I then tried fsck /dev/ad1e and got the
same error msg. These partitions were formatted with ufs2 as their
filesystem. I then ran bsdlabel ad1 and got a printout of my label, this
showed up which gives me hope that this data can be retrieved. An error i'm
getting says that the c: partition does not cover the entire disk and that
may result in utilities not working. Any help appreciated.
    Some urgency!
Thanks.
Dave.