Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:48:28 -0700
From:      John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: experience with 9.2-PRERELEASE

On 7/18/2013 12:36 AM, Steven Hartland wrote:
> Is the SSD running at 6Gbps? If so have you tried limiting the speed
> to 3Gbps?
I would imagine so. It has a 6Gbps interface and the Z87 board does
also--so I can only imagine it's trying to go as fast as possible by
default. I will fiddle with the BIOS and see if I can limit it and see
if that prevents the "timeout" problems I was having after the 9.1-R
install. Somebody else suggested changing the USB settings in the BIOS
to try and overcome the problem when using the snap of 9.2-PRERELEASE as
well so I will try that too. Ultimately if nothing likes the SSD I will
try a regular SATA drive as last resort.

The drive is an Intel 520 Series 240Gb model, FWIW.

Thanks!

-Jr