Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 1995 01:37:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        ywliu <team_fbf@pristine.com.tw>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: holding mail for delayed delivery??

On Sat, 25 Nov 1995, ywliu wrote:

> > 	For most implementations of sendmail (ie. default .cf file), its
> > set for something like 5d/4h...and if your MX records are not set up
>
> Just a quick question here and I hope you may help me : some domain
> has several MX records, such as American On Line (aol.com). When one message
> comes in, how is it delievered to those MX sites ? One by one if failed ?

	That is what is supposed to happen.  In order of priority, as
determined by the numeric '<site> IN MX <#> <site>'.

	For instance, in my case, I have three MX sites...

hub.org		IN	MX	0	hub.org
		IN	MX	10	dreaming.org
		IN	MX	20	reptiles.org

	So, if I'm down, it tries to send to dreaming.org to store
and forward when I'm back up again, and if dreaming.org is down too,
then it will put it at reptiles.org, again, until either dreaming or
myself is up

Marc G. Fournier | Knowledge, Information and Communications, Inc (ki.net)
scrappy@hub.org  |
 soon to be:     |
scrappy@ki.net   | For more information, send me email.