Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:40:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/31554: page fault while in kernel mode doing ifconfig of D-LINK pccard

The following reply was made to PR i386/31554; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>
To: Jim Durham <durham@jcdurham.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:41:15 -0800

 Jim Durham wrote:

 > On Monday 29 October 2001 02:23 pm, Jim Pirzyk wrote:
 > > Do you have the miibus module loaded as a kernel module or is
 > > it compiled into your custom kernel?  It needs to be the latter since
 > > the ed module has to be done that way also.
 > >

 > No, it is a module.
 >
 > I have it working with a little help from a couple of folks on the
 > freebsd-mobile list. I removed the probe call on line 244 in
 > if_ed_pccard.c and it now works. Here is the code I commented
 > out:
 >
 >              mii_phy_probe(dev, &sc->miibus, ed_ifmedia_upd,
 >                     ed_ifmedia_sts);
 >
 > Are you saying that compiling mii support into the kernel would
 > fix the problem?

 yes that is how I solved the problem on my system, but I had a
 10Mb enet card in there and I was having the kernel panic's when
 I ifconfig'ed that interface.

 - JimP

 --
 --- @(#) $Id: dot.signature,v 1.10 2001/05/17 23:38:49 Jim.Pirzyk Exp $