Date:      Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:31:58 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
To:        Eric Wolfe <sales@netzon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7-Release

Eric Wolfe wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to upgrade a system using 4.7 to 5.4 or whatever, but,
> I'm having problems finding 4.7 anywhere on the net to do the upgrade
> (since it asks for it). Any suggestions?
> --Eric Wolfe

You don't need it. Just upgrade your source tree via cvsup and make
buildworld and installworld. You can find further information about this
kind of upgrading in FreeBSD Handbook. Anyway, FreeBSD 5.x has a new,
better and faster filesystem and if You want to use it You should
repartition your hard drive with an 5.4 install disc, but You could just
refresh to 5.4 and keep the old filesystem untouched.

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán