Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 05:04:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, rwatson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing process informations.

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 04:32:21AM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> +>
> +> Ah I think I found the name for the OpenBSD version..
> +> I think it's called systrace..
>
> Nope. Systrace is working like old cerb version:
>
> 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/cerb.tgz
>
> It can downgrade permission, deny some actions, but it cannot add any
> priviliges. Cerb-ng is something diffrent, check example configs.
>
> With cerb-ng You don't need any set-uid-root binaries or root demons
> and much more.

if this is being done on -current then it occurs to me that you may be
aboe to make use of:
1/ the MAC stuff rob watson is doing
2/ teh extended atribute stuff being done, where a
program can store a lot of meta data with itself (like a MACOS data
fork) including possible the ruleset for itself.

Very cool..
do you have a writup of cerb-ng?