Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 00:25:52 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Scott E H <scotteh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install Q& A

Scott E H wrote:

> I've installed FreeBSD but only seem to be able to re-run the sysinstall
> with the /stand/sysinstall command. If I 'cd' into 'stand' do an 'ls' I
> can see sysinstall but if I execute 'sysinstall' I got an error message.
> It only works if I execute '/stand/sysinstall' I am trying to figure out
> if this is normal or if my installation has gone south. I am running
> this command from a 'bash' shell. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you, scotteh@ix.netcom.com

It is normal operation. Especially for root!
root does not have . (dot, current directory) in it's path
and should not. It is dangerous.

Normal user's ... ..., well thats a personal choice. :)

	cd /stand
	./sysinstall
will do the trick.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848