Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 00:10:31 +0200
From:      "Robert L. Urban" <urban@rto.dec.com>
To:        fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk, questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        urban@rto.dec.com
Subject:   re: Re: floppy install of 2.2-960612-SNAP

James Raynard said:
> It doesn't really matter, so long as all the files are there, in order,
> and each is in the appropriate directory on the floppy.  eg the first
> bin floppy should have
>
> bin/bin.aa
> bin/bin.ab
>
> and a mixed bin/des floppy should have
>
> bin/bin.xy
> bin/bin.xz
> des/des.aa

Well folks, it just doesn't work.  I even created a 2.1.5-RELEASE
boot floppy and the first install floppy -- with identical results.

I've got a miserable 11 MB free on my dos partition, so I can't install
from that, none of my pccards are supported (that was the point of the
whole exercise -- to install the PAO stuff and run the pccard diag
program so my pccards could be integrated into the next release...)

Either I'm really thick, or there's something rotton with the floppy
install option.

What now?

Rob Urban