Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 21:15:29 +0200
From:      <oliverko@dialup.nacamar.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPv6 lookups ???

Hi,

my freebsd box makes every time I try to connect (telnet) to a host in my
private LAN a lookup to the nameserver (nameserver of my ISP). I configured
/etc/host.conf with the order: hosts bind. Why doesn't use the system the
/etc/hosts file? The machines I tried to connected to are listet in this
file.
I read in the fbsd - mailing lists someting about IPv6 which could produce
the problem -> somrting wrong with the  lookup order:
        - IPv6 /etc/hosts
        - IPv6 DNS
        - IPv4 /etc/hosts
        - IPv4 DNS

Is there a possibility to switch off the IPv6 support?

thx,
Oliver