Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:55:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: current.freebsd.org snapshots and broken X11

Sounds good to me, as long as it runs :-).

BTW, ran into another nit from the 02/13 snapshot.  I installed the
X-kern-developer distribution, discovered X11 didn't work, so went back
into sysinstall to install X11 stuff.  I selected some combination of X11
components, and chose releng3.freebsd.org as the source -- sysinstall
coredumped.  A second attempt at the same resulted in sysinstall hanging.

This seems to be reproduceable -- what can I do to give you better
debugging information?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I think I'm just going to go to the 3.4 bits; I don't have a definitive
> XFree86 distribution for 4.0 and I don't think I'm going to get one in
> time to make a difference.
>
> - Jordan
>

> > It looks like the X11 associated with the snapshots on current.freebsd.org
> > is still broken:
> >
> >   /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Share object "libXThrStub.so.6" not found
> >
> > Installing -current boxes for testing and development would be a lot
> > easier if this worked. :-)  Especially leading up to releases when testing
> > changes in the install is useful :-)
> >
> >   Robert N M Watson
> >
> > robert@fledge.watson.org              http://www.watson.org/~robert/
> > PGP key fingerprint: AF B5 5F FF A6 4A 79 37  ED 5F 55 E9 58 04 6A B1
> > TIS Labs at Network Associates, Safeport Network Services

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message

  Robert N M Watson