Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:28:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
To:        tachyon@syspac.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Os2

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 tachyon@syspac.com wrote:

> I already have OS/2 4.0 and Win95 installed on my machine, and I am
> looking at installing FreeBSD to get a better breadth of experience...
> I looked through the FAQ you have online, and didn't see anything
> regarding OS/2 or the OS/2 Boot manager...

It'll work just fine.  Use OS/2's fdisk to add the FreeBSD `partition' to
the boot manager menu.

> though I did see how FreeBSD has its own boot manager

yes.

> if you have Win95 installed..

no.  A boot manager don't care what operating system (or program loader)
it boots.

You'll probably prefer OS/2's BM over booteasy.

> Os/2 is my primary system, with Win95 on a second physical hard
> drive...  I have 500 megs free on a extended partition on my second
> hard drive, and was wondering if there will be extended problems
> attempting to get FreeBSD installed to that partition...

As long as your BIOS can see it to boot from it you should be OK.

Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@diamond.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD