Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:57:43 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nclayton@lehman.com>
To:        Kazuo Horikawa <k-horik@yk.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp, kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp, doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk, jdp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolution: FDP reorganisation

On Sun, Jun 27, 1999 at 04:53:20PM +0900, Kazuo Horikawa wrote:
> > So he asked me to come up with a way that minimises the number of
> > repository copies that are necessary.  Which is what I've done.  Obviously,
> > there's a trade off in terms of the information that can be preserved if
> > you can't do a repository copy, and what I'm trying to do is strike the
> > right balance between what we keep and what we lose.
>
> Under doc/ja/man, there are following tags:
>   tag=release_3_2_0
>   tag=release_3_1_0
>   tag=release_3_0_0
>   tag=release_2_2_7
>   tag=RELEASE_2_2_6
>   tag=release_2_2_5
>
> We can retrieve Japanese online manuals for the RELEASE which the tag
> represents.  It is quite useful to track translation error later.  So,
> we do not want to lose the tags.

Hmm, that's interesting.  How do you use these tags (I'm not being obtuse
here, I'm genuinely interested).

We stopped tagging the English documentation to co-incide with the releases
a while ago, and I didn't think anyone else found it useful either.  How
does this help you do the translations?  The other translation teams might
find this a useful trick as well.

Thanks,

--+==[ Systems Administrator, Year 2000 Test Lab, Lehman Brothers, Inc. ]==+--
--+==[      1 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7HA     0171-601-0011 x5514       ]==+--
--+==[              Year 2000 Testing: It's about time. . .             ]==+--