Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 19:23:19 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   lnc is missing IFF_MULTICAST

I notice that the if_lnc driver does not set the IFF_MULTICAST flag, so
I cannot use it for multicast. Just forgotten, or there is some reason
for this ?
The driver in -current is also missing this flag.

Also: I am experiencing a few problems with the driver (or the
boards). First, on the PCI versions of the card I get tons of "heartbeat..."
errors, so that first thing I have to do is to disable the reporting of
the message. Second, when there is large activity in the system (like
when some large X application is started from the disk), I get a
"Memory error... resetting" (the board) message on the console.

Is somebody else using this driver, or is somebody able to look at it ?

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/