Date:      Mon, 28 May 2007 15:47:39 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Keyboard problems with xorg 7.2 and Dell Inspiron 5100?

--a+b56+3nqLzpiR9O

I've just upgraded my Inspiron 5100 to the latest and greatest X.org
release, 7.2.  Using the standard configuration options (either no
config file, or the one generated by X -configure), most keys on the
keyboard don't react.  I've ran xev against the server and find that
the only keys that react are the modifier keys.

The same machine runs fine with Knoppix 5.2, which has X.org 7.1.1,
and it ran fine under FreeBSD with a previous version of X.org
6.9.<mumble>.

Looking at the log file, nothing obvious reaches out and grabs me.  In
particular, the keyboard-related information corresponds exactly with
the Knoppix log file (modulo keyboard layout).

Has anybody else seen this?  Any ideas?

Greg

--a+b56+3nqLzpiR9O

--a+b56+3nqLzpiR9O--