Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 09:13:42 -0700
From:      Josh Gilliam <josh@quick.net>
To:        Stefan Bethke <Stefan.Bethke@Hanse.DE>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Message boards

> Are you sure we want to promote these? From a quick look, the quality seems
> to be much worse than even some usenet groups.
>
> If you think these would be helpful for people unable to subscribe the
> mailing lists and the newsgroups: one can read and post news via DejaNews,
> and send and receive mail by one of the many free email services.

You are probably right. Although, there seems to be some useful
content at Yahoo.

Maybe promotion will attract more FreeBSD users into the forum
and produce better quality.

        LINUX or Free BSD
        Linux bkoonce
           Apr 9 1998
           1:31AM EDT
           Just look at the posts here. FreeBSD is rarely
           discussed. It also suffers from a distinct lack of
           documentation. Linux, on the other hand, has a lot
           of users who are willing to get involved, is
           liberally supported on the web and in print, and
           is available in a variety of configurations.

--
Josh Gilliam                    <josh@quick.net>
5333 E Los Arboles Ave            1 714 633 6499