Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:55:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world error in RELENG_2_2

> blame, or even criticize the efforts of the FreeBSD developers... But you
> would call it incompetence, if someone with who started with 2.2.1,
> tracking 2.2-RELENG, who happily does a dozen or so make worlds, then all
> of a sudden gets a build failure is automatically user error ?  If its not

See my previous reply - it's not automatically user error, simply that
the user is expected to fix it themselves or watch on the mailing list
for a day or two to see if it's a general build failure.

> documented anywhere that you have to blow away /usr/include, how are you
> supposed to automatically know that?  And, if these lazy ass people who

You look at the Makefile and figure out what the dependencies are.
If you're not good enough to do that, you shouldn't be messing with
/usr/src at all and should follow just the main releases.

					Jordan